Many of our publications are available at no cost in the SynBioSys Fynbos Information System. Review them in the "Documents" and "Multimedia" sections in the main menu.
- Koelle, B; Oettle, N (2003) Myths, Legend and Nature – Farming as an emotional enterprise, Conservation Farming Project; South African National Biodiversity Institute, Cape Town.
- Koelle, B., Oettle, N., Schmiedel, U. (2010) Lessons learnt from interdisciplinary participatory research in the BIOTA project. – In: Schmiedel, U., Jürgens, N. [Eds.]: Biodiversity in southern Africa. Volume 2: Patterns and processes at regional scale: pp. 343–348, Klaus Hess Publishers, Göttingen& Windhoek.
- Koelle, B., Oettle, N., Thobela, M., Arendse, A. (2003) Learning Partnerships to conserve Biodiversity – Findings of the social research team of the Conservation Farming Project; South African National Biodiversity Institute, Cape Town
- Oettlé, N. (2006) Knowledge and UNCCD: The Community Exchange and Training Programme. In Johnson P.M., Mayrand, K and Paquin, M. Governing Global Desertification: Linking Environmental Degradation, Poverty and Participation. Ashgate, Burlington
- Oettlé, N.M. (2005) Enhancing sustainable livelihoods in the Suid Bokkeveld. In Douma, A. & Hirsch, D. Local Contributions to the Rio Conventions. Both Ends, Amsterdam.
- Oettlé, N, Arendse, A, Koelle, B, Van Der Poll A. (2004) Community Exchange and Training in the Suid Bokkeveld: A UNCCD Pilot Project to Enhance Livelihoods and Natural Resource Management. In Environmental Monitoring and Assessment. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht.
- Oettle, N., Goldberg, K., Koelle, B. (2009) The Heiveld Co-operative: a vehicle for sustainable local development. Drynet/ Both ENDS, Amsterdam
- Oettlé, N, Koelle, B. (2003) Capitalising on Local Knowledge: Community Knowledge Exchange. The World Bank, Washington.
- Oettlé N.M. and Koelle, B. (2003) New directions for extension in democratic South Africa. South African National Biodiversity Institute, Cape Town.
- Oettlé, N, Koelle, B, Arendse, A, Mohr, D. (2002) Juweel van die Berge. Environmental Monitoring Group.
- Patrickson, S., Malgas, R., Oettlé, N. (2008) Rooibos tea: environmental threat or conservation opportunity? Veld & Flora March 2008, Botanical Society of South Africa, Claremont.